Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Body Scrub


Every year, about the same time, I become slightly obsessed with pumpkins. I start crafting them, picking them at the patch, carving them, eating them, and..... oh! Making beauty products out of them. (Bet you didn't see that coming!)

I've shared this recipe before for my homemade Pumpkin Pie Body Scrub. It is one of my all-time favorite recipes so when I made it today, I thought I should re-post it. It'll make your skin soft and won't add inches to your hips. It smells amazing and it so easy to make and use.

Pumpkin Pie Body Scrub
This is a dreamy, homemade body scrub made from common, edible ingredients from your kitchen. Go on, pamper yourself. There's enough here for you and a friend. Or double the batch and give some as gifts. Just a warning: make sure you rinse the shower when you're done. The oatmeal is a real pain to chip off when its dried.

2 cups Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar (or substitute Brown Sugar)
1/3 can of the large can of pureed pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
1 Cup Oatmeal - more if you prefer a grittier texture

Simply mix it all up and divide it into containers for gift giving. I try to use plastic containers since a glass jar could get broken in the shower. While you are in the shower, in case you're wondering, yes, it is edible. But I probably wouldn't eat if after its been in there more than a day. It is perishable so it should be used within 10 days or so.

I hope you'll try this. Your skin will thank you!
Cheers,
Christy

No comments: