Thursday, October 20, 2011

A little creative time

I love all the crafty inspiration that comes during the Fall and through the holidays.

I had some time in the last month to make 2 new pumpkin crafts. The pumpkin above was so simple! Here is where I found it. It is made from a 12" by 12" piece of paper that was cut into 1" strips, 2 brads (top and bottom), a flower (see it inside), some ribbon, some leaves, and a wine cork. All it took to make it was 15 minutes, my hot glue gun, and a few glasses of that scrumptious red wine. Hey- I needed the cork! wink!

This other pumpkin craft was just about as simple. You'll find the directions here.As you see, both of these ideas came from Better Homes and Gardens. They have an email list you can sign up for called "100 Days of Holidays." It is fabulous! Everyday you get new ideas for decorating, crafts, food, etc. Best of all, you only get the daily emails for 100 days. From the beginning of October to New Years. That's when I do most of my crafting and entertaining anyway so I'm so happy to get new ideas. Especially easy, chic ones like this.

This weekend I'm getting together with some old friends to scrapbook. This is the first time I'm going to a crop in over a year! Can't wait to get some pages done.
Happy Crafting!
Christy

No comments: